Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Everything Else. Cars, Fun, Politics & More

Old 11-17-2007
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Scam Variation

Just got this scam E-mail and was surprised to see Peter Argetsinger's name as the supposed source. No doubt he had nothing to do with it but very curious to know how they connected the dots of his name and mine? Anyone else get one of these?

Thanks,
Pat
__________________________________________________ ______

Hello,

How are you doing today? I am sorry i didn't inform you about my traveling to West Africa for a program called "Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the program is taking place in three major countries in West Africa i.e South Africa, Ghana and Nigeria i am schedule to use 5 days here in West Africa, Nigeria. It has been a very sad and bad moment for me, the present condition that i found myself is very hard for me to explain.

I am really stranded in Nigeria now, i have been trying to contact you on mail, but i don't know what happened to your mail, because I forgot my wallet in the Taxi where my money the sum of $6,000 documents and other valuable things were kept on my way to the Hotel am staying, I am facing a hard time here because i have no money on me. I am now owning a hotel bill of $1,500 and they wanted me to pay the bill soon else they will have to seize my luggage and my passport and hand me over to the Cops, I need this help from you urgently to help me back home, I need you to help me with the hotel bill and i will also need $500 to feed and help myself back home so
please can you help me with a sum of $2,000 to sort out my problems here, I need this help so much and on time because i am in a terrible and worried situation here.

I am sending you this e-mail from the Hotel Internet, I will appreciate you to help me out and i shall refund the money back to you this week immediately i get back home because the hotel management told me they will contact the Cops, if i fail to offset the hotel bills soon. So please kindly assist me out and i would refund the money back to you. You can wire the money via western union money transfer with the information below:

Name : Peter Argetsinger
Address : Lagos - Nigeria
Text Question: To Whom?
Answer: Peter
Amount : $2,000

Please kindly email me the wire details, so that i can get back home.

I wait to hear from you soon.

regards,
Peter Argetsinger
Old 11-17-2007
Big Dick
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Re: Scam Variation

I got it too. Must have lifted his directory.
Old 11-17-2007
Grand Master

Copy that... Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlippert View Post
Old 11-19-2007
Team OC/AD D

Gallery Images: 1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlippert View Post
Same here. I wonder how many people fall for this crap.

Hey, remember this one? Sooo funny.
Old 11-19-2007
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

What??? Didn't you guys know about the splinter of the Argetsinger clan that broke off eons ago and settled in Lagos when Nigeria was still an European colony? This must be Peter the famous Nigerian carter. I think his dad laid out the original Lagos goat-cart track.

I don't care if no one else gets it, I am rolling on the floor in tears right now.
Old 11-20-2007
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Western Re: Scam Variation

Please tell me you that you are kidding about this being a scam. I wired Pete $2,500. Sent an extra $500 because I wanted Pete to be able to buy a nice wine and a good dinner before he left Nigeria. I thought he really was in trouble.

OK, even though I am a Redneck...I am not that dumb. This is a great scam and almost sounds real. it would not work if it was my name instead of Pete's name. Everybody would just say...oh well let him stay there.

This scam does appeal to a person's good nature rather than the standard scam of a person died with no known relatives, left huge sum of money, we can spilt the cash, etc..
Old 11-20-2007
Big Dick
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

I would have fallen for it too had I not carefully re-read it, at which time I realized that Pete isn't that literate, so it must be a scam.
Old 11-20-2007

Western Re: Scam Variation

"Pete isn't that literate"
LOL
Old 11-20-2007
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
Just got this scam E-mail and was surprised to see Peter Argetsinger's name as the supposed source. No doubt he had nothing to do with it but very curious to know how they connected the dots of his name and mine? Anyone else get one of these?

Thanks,
Pat
Pat--
Doesn't it warm your heart to know that after all the hard work you have put in, your progress on the track this year has made such an impact that on the other side of the world, your name is being mentioned in the same breath as Peter's? It's clear that I still have a long way to go. I didn't get a letter.
Old 11-20-2007
Grand Master

You can have mine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
It's clear that I still have a long way to go. I didn't get a letter.
Old 11-22-2007
WB RCD Retired at 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
What??? Didn't you guys know about the splinter of the Argetsinger clan that broke off eons ago and settled in Lagos when Nigeria was still an European colony? This must be Peter the famous Nigerian carter. I think his dad laid out the original Lagos goat-cart track.

I don't care if no one else gets it, I am rolling on the floor in tears right now.
This is quite funny.

Bookmark This Thread