Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 07-17-2007
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795
LRP Regional

Great weekend, the usual Lime Rock car-nage, glad no one hurt. Fun to see everyone, great job by staff and especially German and his crew putting them back together and keeping the show going, three cheers fellas.

I have to say the assortment of cars in the parking lot had to be one of the best ever, Lugnutz gorgeous Ferrari 430 Spyder (430 right Peter?) Bill Hammer (pork chop willie) drove a stunning pearlescent yellow Gallardo, Nick Nick shipped his hot rod up for some fun, Murph had his vintage hot rod Camaro, Jimmy Craige and his beautiful new GT3 Porsche, a 2008 MB/AMG CL-65 or something like that, a real Autobahn stormer, a very nicely restored old woodie, etc, etc, etc.......and this killer blue and white JC Works MINI.........lol.

One treat for me was meeting and talking with John Fitch who tooled up in his Fitch Phoenix

a rare car and a rarer guy still. Those who don't know him, here is a wiki link, remarkable man indeed, WW II fighter pilot, MB factory driver, automotive safety engineer, etc, etc, etc. Too much to go on about here, deserves his own thread, it was an honor.

Great time, good driving for the most part but I was soft pedaling, hadn't raced there in about 4 years and only did the quali - race - race - no lapping or practice - that was interesting. Had to take advantage of a situation - very few Championship Masters entered, grab the points where ya can right

Nice pic of Gregg Markarian and LimeRockRacer in the SB write-up....cool stuff guys - that's West Bend, whoo hoo!
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	markarian-brassard-72007.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	2005  

Last edited by cdh; 07-17-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-17-2007
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 36
Re: LRP Regional

In a return to the olden days, drivers were asked to flag at various corners because of a shortage of regular flaggers. Sid drove us to our stations in a van. All I had to say was, "Sid, I was telling the guys how you drove around Turns 1 and 2 in the van last year faster than I was going in the Skippy car," and he was off to the races. The looks on the others' faces was priceless. I have never seen people suddenly grab anything they could to hang onto so quickly with a mixture of alarm and fascination. Sid's only complaint was that the traction control was preventing him from sliding the van around West Bend.
Old 07-18-2007
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69
Re: LRP Regional

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatertownNewbie
In a return to the olden days, drivers were asked to flag at various corners because of a shortage of regular flaggers. Sid drove us to our stations in a van.
The fun thing about the old Dodge Sprinters was that some of the sliding doors wouldn't latch completely. Try being the one on the end as Sid "negotiated" the Lefthander with an open door...

Bookmark This Thread