Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 08-01-2005
GrandMasterB
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 57
Ranking the Corners at Mont Tremblant

Hey Kids:
This past weekend I got to join many of you Skippy Racers at Mont Tremblant. It's a fun town and a terrific track. Based on my vast knowledge of the track from my first weekend there I have come to the following conclusions -

The toughest turn on the course is #7. I don't think I ever even came close to getting it right.

The next toughest guy is Namerow (14). Never felt as if I got out of there well.

I felt the 1,2,3 complex was one of the easier corners, but due to the severe penalty for screwing it up, it played in my head every time I went through it. If there were 300 years of grass to the left (instead of the nasty looking wall) I think I would have saved over a second a lap every time.

What do you guys think?

BTW - The red Team Juicy hat did save me 3 seconds just as Sid promised it would. Instead of taking 7 hours to get home, we got back in 6 hours, 59 minutes and 57 seconds!

OLDMAN
Old 08-01-2005
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Ranking the Corners at Mont Tremblant

Turn 1/2 requires the most courage. Turn 7 the most accuracy (with courage being a usefull addition). Namerow is important and tricky but nowhere near the first two in fear factor. And, take it from me, if you early apex at both 8 & 10... you will track out in Cleveland! (Anyone other than CDH know what I'm referring to?:-)
Old 08-02-2005
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Cleveland -

Corners, my :

1-3 - not as bad once you you remember to close your eyes.
4-5 - tendency to try to drive faster than corners allow, slower in, faster out.
7 - tough to take the fast line, at least I assume so as I never took it. Fast guys ride the top of the apex curb like a high-wire act, I judiciously stayed off the curb entirely, maybe try the fast line next year.
8 - most fun, best action.
10 - much faster than it looks, started to get it right in R2, big fun factor.
11 - Oops! I guess I am exiting 10 faster........HOLD ON! Whew!
12 - Fun, difficult (for my rusty brain) to do perfectly, love it.
NamRowRowRow - my right foot never listened to my brain when asked to get BTP. I have an interesting clip from my incar camera of one of the G4 drivers exploring the trackout grass strip, that was CLOSE!

Too much fun, great weekend, great job SBRS

Oh, and thanks to everyone for being so cooperative when I kept pointing my video camera in your faces, I have some really good video and some excellent, ah, er, ummmmm, let's call them statements from all of you, good job, it will work very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo
Turn 1/2 requires the most courage. Turn 7 the most accuracy (with courage being a usefull addition). Namerow is important and tricky but nowhere near the first two in fear factor. And, take it from me, if you early apex at both 8 & 10... you will track out in Cleveland! (Anyone other than CDH know what I'm referring to?:-)
Old 08-02-2005
Team OC/AD D

Gallery Images: 1995

Cleveland!!!

My favorite is Turn 1/2 - This turn is godly. From turn in till the top of the hill the car is just screaming softly through a controlled 4 wheel drift, and at the top of the hill it feels like you're flying a stunt plane.
Old 08-02-2005
Bavarian Berserk

7 is it. Being fast there takes a lot of practice and some balls. I have seen (and taped, heehee) some nasty accidents there in 03. Being fast in 7 requires really good vision + car control.

1,2 I think everyone is kinda fast bc you can scrub excessive speed by dialing in some understeer = great sound + the feeling of being fast.

In the wet, the track adds another turn: 6. This one is super fun, too, since it requires you to zig and zag a lot more than in the dry.

Anyway: assuming one available vote I pick 7.
Old 08-02-2005
Petey's Dad

Gallery Images: 54

I am with SY, Turn 1-2 but adding 3 to the fun factor. Flat at turn-in of 1 with a simultaneous upshift to 5th and drifting all the way over the hill, remaining flat at the bottom, bam-bam-bam, three huge blipps and downshifts and a nice smooth trail rotation into three......

Magical feeling, the best on that track.

Ah then you you 10-11-12 another sweet combo....

Ah shit, they are all great!!
Old 08-02-2005
OTB
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 19

Considering that I spun at 2, 7 (twice) and 11, and was Doug's "Group 4 driver exploring the offroad options at Namrow", (all w/out any crash damage whatsoever), I love 'em all dearly. I do need to buy some new shorts after having myself a moment in turn 2. Won't lift next time, hopefully.
Can't wait for next year.

I'll post the video of turn 7 backwards at high speed as soon as I get it. Should be a nice addition to the collection.
Old 08-02-2005
Infrequent Flier ;)

Coming at it from another point-of-view, I found four and eight the most entertaining and giving of the best photos. At least it was at those two locations that I witnessed the most lock-ups and four-offs. Namerow is great too, particularly in races.

Honestly though, I know now what I'm doing should that long-sought-after lotto win come my way... skipping on down to Skippy so I can take up a spot on the other side of the lens.

R
Old 08-02-2005
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

Hi Jim,

I was behind you on the last lap of race two when the Tasmanian devil grabbed you at track out of turn 7. The dust obscured you so fast I never saw you again. Glad it was harmless and you were able to finish. Would love to see the video. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlowe
Considering that I spun at 2, 7 (twice) and 11, and was Doug's "Group 4 driver exploring the offroad options at Namrow", (all w/out any crash damage whatsoever), I love 'em all dearly. I do need to buy some new shorts after having myself a moment in turn 2. Won't lift next time, hopefully.
Can't wait for next year.

I'll post the video of turn 7 backwards at high speed as soon as I get it. Should be a nice addition to the collection.
Old 08-03-2005
Bavarian Berserk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML Peter Ludwig
I am with SY, Turn 1-2 but adding 3 to the fun factor. Flat at turn-in of 1 with a simultaneous upshift to 5th and drifting all the way over the hill, remaining flat at the bottom, bam-bam-bam, three huge blipps and downshifts and a nice smooth trail rotation into three......
Damn, I wasn't there to see Pete doing a trail rotation into three. That must have been something else
Old 08-03-2005
Petey's Dad

Was ist los alter? Alles klar in Munich?? Kommst bald mal wieder oder?? Ich habe einen neuen spielzeug bekommen, ein Carrera GT.
Old 08-04-2005
Bavarian Berserk

Hi Mr. Ludwig. Ich bin hier sozusagen nur die bayrische Aussenstelle fuer SkipBarber Racing. In the meantime YOU have to keep our reputation up there, ok, Pete? Put this Persian in his place, will you?

Hopefully I will be back by the end of this year, if luck has it even with some seat time.

Say hi to Santa or whoever is responsible for the GT, and please tell the other guys in Lime Rock to leave me a free space to drool on it.

It is one of the cars - other than the F430 - in which I sat in Detroit making brrrm, brrrrrrrrrm, dengdeng noises. How great is it to be a PROFESSIONAL in the car industry Be nice to it.

BTW is it really so hard to launch it like the press reports or is my suspicion true that car journalists resorted to writing since driving is just not their thing??

Last edited by birkmama; 08-04-2005 at 11:39 AM. Reason: keyboard is not nice to me
Old 08-04-2005
Petey's Dad

Lack of ability to Launch it and all the clutch stories are just that, stories. I had to laugh outline the first time I let the clutch out, these experts need to consider a different occupation if they really felt the CGT was such a difficult car to get rolling since there footwork may be better suited for something with pedals....
Old 08-04-2005
Bavarian Berserk

Danke, Pete. Boy does it feel good to be right - although I never seem to get used to it.
Old 08-04-2005
GrandMasterB

Gallery Images: 57

You guys have hijacked this thread!

OLDMAN
Old 08-04-2005
Bavarian Berserk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDMAN
You guys have hijacked this thread!

OLDMAN
C'Mon, the CGT deservers a little bit of extra attention. Don't know how it got in here , but tribute where tribute is due.

Anyway I was just about to express my disbelief how JLowe managed to be carried away by the Tasmanian devil, spin in 7 and continue. The spins I saw in 7 irreversibly and rightfully brought out BLK!

OLDMAN, if you think this thread got hijacked, then you should look at poor Kasey. The only way to get his back on track is by making an offer he can't deny
Old 08-04-2005
OTB
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 19

Thankfully, the only thing that got retired after my spin(s) was my shorts. My pulse rate finall y returned to normal somewhere around wednesday evening.

Bookmark This Thread