Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Everything Else. Cars, Fun, Politics & More

Old 11-15-2011
Your favorite PR Girl
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

An Evening with F1's Voices

...On Behalf of Bob Varsha (who did an amazing job at the Shootouts)

Enjoy an evening with the familiar and famous voices of
Speed TV's Formula 1 racing announce team

Renowned commentators and analysts Bob Varsha, David Hobbs, Steve Matchett and Varsha stand-in Leigh Diffey will share their experiences and knowledge of the sport in New York City on November 19.

It's a chance for industry folks and fans to mingle with the Speed TV stars, and engage in a Q&A session led by Diffey.

Until Formula 1 returns solidly to the U.S., this may be the only chance to hear stories from the "insiders" of how Formula 1 is covered by the Speed team, about their varied careers, and the cool cars they get to talk about.

It's important to RSVP at http://www.f1voices.com

Here's the info:

An Evening with the Speed TV Announce Team
Saturday, November 19, 2011
7--10 p.m.
Lexicon
226 East 54th Street (between 2nd and 3rd Avenues)
New York, N.Y. 10022

$100 cash at door (hors d'oeuvres will be served)
Cash bar available
Old 11-17-2011
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Re: An Evening with F1's Voices

Thanks Kelly,

I just happen to be staying in Manhattan over the weekend for a conference, and my hotel is just around the corner from the event. Works out pretty nicely. I'll post photos after.
Old 11-18-2011
Marketing Wonk
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

I'm going tomorrow night and meeting up with the Hindmans. I've been to a few of these things before with Bob and David but I've always ended up sitting outside working the registration table. This will be a nice change of pace.
Old 11-20-2011
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

Was out of town so looking forward to reports on how the event went.
Old 11-20-2011

Hey Pat,

I thought I might run into you there. First and foremost the evening got me out of having to see a musical with the wife and kids. I thought it was interesting. Great insight and knowledge shared among those guys. Enjoyed hearing their stories and Trent Hindman got some well deserved recognition for his efforts across the Atlantic. For someone like myself who really had no access to something like this prior to my Skippy experience it was just a great opportunity to peer into another world. Very generous of Mr. Culver to give away TWO three day racing school opportunities. Unfortunately I was not one of the lucky winners.
Old 11-20-2011
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

Thanks for the report Tyson.

Sounds like a great experience. :-) Trent and his folks are wonderful people. Wish I could have been there.

Pat
Old 11-20-2011
Marketing Wonk
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageTwo View Post
Hey Pat,

I thought I might run into you there. First and foremost the evening got me out of having to see a musical with the wife and kids. I thought it was interesting. Great insight and knowledge shared among those guys. Enjoyed hearing their stories and Trent Hindman got some well deserved recognition for his efforts across the Atlantic. For someone like myself who really had no access to something like this prior to my Skippy experience it was just a great opportunity to peer into another world. Very generous of Mr. Culver to give away TWO three day racing school opportunities. Unfortunately I was not one of the lucky winners.
It was an interesting night. Trent did a great job during the interview and he was a networking machine the rest of the night. I've heard Bob and David do their thing separately in the past but to see the interaction between them, Matchett and Diffey was an added element. FYI the Three Day Racing Schools came from Bob Varsha and not directly from SBRS.
Old 07-25-2012

An Evening with F1's Voices - Any more?

Last November, when I attended the F1Voices event in NYC, Bob Varsha said they were testing out fan interest in these type of events. Does anyone know if Bob, David, Steve and Leigh plan to do any more? It was a great evening and I'd jump at another opportunity to talk with the guys.

Bookmark This Thread