Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > F1, IndyCar, Grand-Am, Karting etc Discussions

Old 03-18-2009
tto-tgood
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1
Racing at GPNY

I was wondering if any of the local tri-state area TJR racers occasionally meet up at GPNY on evenings or weekends for impromptu races.
I'm definitely missing racing and wondered if some of you already do this or would consider doing something like it.
Thoughts?
Tom
Old 03-18-2009
All Heart, No Money
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Re: Racing at GPNY

Tom, let me know. Its going to be a while before I'm able to get back into a real race car so carting may be the right fix at the right price. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have to worry about crash damage. I'm about 40 min from Mt Kisco.
Jeff.
Old 03-19-2009
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8

I've been there lapping a few times and they do a great job. I would be game but would need to do it on a weekend or holiday as it is a bit of a drive for us northerners!

I think getting a TJR group together would best rather than open racing. That would assure us of a certain level of abilities , or, lack there of!
Old 03-19-2009

I was just thinking of heading there on Saturday but see they have what I am assuming is a private party and available time is limited. It's an hour away for me and would be interested weekends as often as my schedule allows. I'm in...let's see if we can get a group and when.
Jeff
Old 03-19-2009
red mist junkie
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 2

I would LOVE to be a part of this. I haven't been in a car lately so I would find the time to go. I may even have a ride buddy....Ready Lime Rock Racer? I'll drive.
Old 03-19-2009
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

I'm unexpectedly out of town this week but count me in as well. Lots of fun to be had at GPNY.
Old 03-20-2009
tto-tgood

Karting is definitely the only racing I can afford right now and Chris is right, GPNY does a good job. It would be great to have a group and see if we can do some races rather than just lapping.

Pat, do you know if GPNY requires groups to reserve the track in order to do races, or can we just take a lapping session for ourselves and do a race?

I was looking at the GPNY calendar and it seems arrive and drive is available on the track on Sunday 22nd after 3PM.
Would people be interested for something then?
Old 03-21-2009
Grand Master

All sessions are timed but you'll have no control over who is in the sessions with you.

Reserving a time for your group is highly recommended as arrive and drive can be a crap shoot and if they know you're coming they'll direct arrive and drive to one track and put your group on the other. It's usually a better experience if you can organize enough folks to have the track to yourself.

Other very good news... Steven McAleer who started 22nd and finished 4th in today's Skippy National race 2 at Sebring (Bravo Steven!) is going to join Lee Carpentier at GPNY. Steven's a terrific racer and great guy who'll really add to the fun at GPNY. Competitive racers running race facilities is a very good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom goodhart View Post
Karting is definitely the only racing I can afford right now and Chris is right, GPNY does a good job. It would be great to have a group and see if we can do some races rather than just lapping.

Pat, do you know if GPNY requires groups to reserve the track in order to do races, or can we just take a lapping session for ourselves and do a race?

I was looking at the GPNY calendar and it seems arrive and drive is available on the track on Sunday 22nd after 3PM.
Would people be interested for something then?
Old 03-30-2009
tto-tgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
All sessions are timed but you'll have no control over who is in the sessions with you.

Reserving a time for your group is highly recommended as arrive and drive can be a crap shoot and if they know you're coming they'll direct arrive and drive to one track and put your group on the other. It's usually a better experience if you can organize enough folks to have the track to yourself.
Looking ahead I was looking at the GPNY calendar and I see the track is available the weekend of April 11th & 12th.
We would need about 10 people to reserve the track for racing.
Any of you guys still interested?
Old 03-30-2009
Grand Master

The 11th is no good for me but Sunday the 12th might work.
Old 03-30-2009
red mist junkie
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 2

Easter is Sunday, so there is the free time. I will commit to Saturday if we can get a group. Sunday is unfortunatly out
Old 03-30-2009
All Heart, No Money

Friday night I went over and checked it out. Got to see a familiar face in the 'what to expect' orientation movie you have to watch first. Pat, did you get an Oscar for that, or at least a free race. I am definitely looking for an excuse to go back.
Easter Sunday does not work for me but Saturday the 11th or even Friday night does.
Old 03-30-2009

Between Passover and Easter Sunday....this weekend will not work.....the following will though for me

Tags
gpny , grand prix new york

Bookmark This Thread