Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > F1, IndyCar, Grand-Am, Karting etc Discussions

Old 05-11-2009
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795
Indy

How good it is to hear the sound of a lone car on a quali run at Indy, nothing else sounds like that, so sweet

Congrats to Helio, I'm glad he is still racing in series, good for the sport imo. I guess this is a good time to get away with tax fraud....did he know?

Rafa Matos is incredible, had most consistent quali laps, only hundredths apart. Put him in any series and he's a threat, what a fantastic driver.

Versus looking good, nice coverage and features.

May is a great time
Old 05-11-2009
Big Dick
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Re: Indy

I agree. Once you find Versus, the coverage is great. Rafa has worked so hard and made so many sacrafices; it is great to see him have the opportunity to be in an environment that can showcase his talent. Its a tough business, and there are lots of people in the Skippy world who just from the luck of the draw have not had the chance to make it into the highest level of the pro ranks. It is great to "share the ride" with those that do. Speaking of which, we need to all pull for Ryan Hunter-Reay. He was totally devastated from the team's lack of progress with his car. It all comes down to next weekend for him, so I hope he can count on our entire community's support.
Old 05-11-2009
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post

Versus looking good, nice coverage and features.

May is a great time
Can't figure out if I like Tom Carnagie trying to out-Posey Sam at the start of Saturday qualifying. Both are historic figures but Sam's prose has the winning edge. I still remember Carnagie from the 2000 F1 race asking out loud if they really were going to run in the rain. Several times. And while I"m whining, we finally got rid of Paul Page. And just as I ran out of patience with Jan Beekhuis he starts sounding as if he may actually know what's going on.
Go Rahal with the Gurney tribute paint scheme.
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 05-12-2009
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlippert View Post
Its a tough business, and there are lots of people in the Skippy world who just from the luck of the draw have not had the chance to make it into the highest level of the pro ranks. It is great to "share the ride" with those that do. Speaking of which, we need to all pull for Ryan Hunter-Reay.
From what little I know, it appears that success is a matter of desire, talent and opportunity. The last variable being the one that keeps so many great talents from making it big. Even the ones with the really big fuzzies... those who throw all they have at it... I've seen many sitting by knitting hands while others just seem to get the luck. Speaking of - I just finished watching the Speed World Challenge race from Sebring and was most happy to see Eric Foss pretty much amaze the commentators as he made a great charge to fourth - beautiful pass into T3 in the closing laps.

Ryan is always on my list...

gdr
Old 05-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
Congrats to Helio, I'm glad he is still racing in series, good for the sport imo. I guess this is a good time to get away with tax fraud....did he know?
"imo" too. And, it's "HE-lio", Doug! Haven't you heard the Paul Tracy interviews? Does that guy (Tracy) remind anyone else of Tony Stewart?? Oh, sorry... I forgot that I'm not to mention that "other" form of motor sports.
Old 05-12-2009
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

This is Tracy grovelling for a last ride to finish out his career. He's never been one for reflection and all his bad boy behavior finally caught up with him. Can't bully his way through so he's trying the a warm and fuzzy approach to lure the ride. He qualified so he'll get another shot but he's one of those guys with way more interviews explaining why he had a bad day that wasn't his fault than victory celebrations. Kind of a less busy Robby Gordon. Is that unkind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffDogRacer View Post
"imo" too. And, it's "HE-lio", Doug! Haven't you heard the Paul Tracy interviews? Does that guy (Tracy) remind anyone else of Tony Stewart?? Oh, sorry... I forgot that I'm not to mention that "other" form of motor sports.
Old 05-12-2009
Big Dick
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
This is Tracy grovelling for a last ride to finish out his career. He's never been one for reflection and all his bad boy behavior finally caught up with him. Can't bully his way through so he's trying the a warm and fuzzy approach to lure the ride. He qualified so he'll get another shot but he's one of those guys with way more interviews explaining why he had a bad day that wasn't his fault than victory celebrations. Kind of a less busy Robby Gordon. Is that unkind?
Yeah, actually it is.
Old 05-12-2009
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

Guess I should apologize to Robby Gordon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlippert View Post
Yeah, actually it is.
Old 05-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
Is that unkind?
Not so much. You'd think by now he'd get the whole media thing. But then again, we all know that years don't equate to maturity. I don't like whiners and never will. I know some fans are drawn to controversy but the drivers that I gravitate to are typically positive to a fault or at least so glib you can't tell where they stand (Kimi?).

Bookmark This Thread