Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > F1, IndyCar, Grand-Am, Karting etc Discussions

Old 02-10-2009
red mist junkie
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 2
Economaki shout out to Bob Zecca

I was just reading the National speed sport News and Chris Economaki gave a great plug to Bob Zecca and his Velocity 17 track.
Is this track in direct competition with Grand prix NY?
Nice to see a blurb about a Skippy contributor.
Old 02-10-2009
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

Re: Economaki shout out to Bob Zecca

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
I was just reading the National speed sport News and Chris Economaki gave a great plug to Bob Zecca and his Velocity 17 track.
Is this track in direct competition with Grand prix NY?
Nice to see a blurb about a Skippy contributor.
Do you have the exact quote? Chris was mistaken or quoted incorrectly. Zecca has no involvement with V17. Bob owns Driving Impressions.

And yes, V17 is a competitor of GPNY, although V17 uses Electric carts.
Old 02-10-2009
red mist junkie

The exact quote from page 25 of the Feb 4th edition of NSSN

"For years, Ye Ed has daily driven N.J. Route 17, never noticing the huge building on the northbound side in Maywood of this busy road. But, thanks to BOB ZECCA of Driving Impressions, I was taken recently and discovered what the huge 17 billboard means. It stands for Velocity 17 which boasts 'Where Adrenaline and Acceleration Create the Extreme Experience' Inside this gigantic building is a fully lighted road course, a fleet of rental carts and available programs offering race sessions ........"
Bob may not be involved with it but his name was in bold letters. Maybe he just introduced Chris to the building.
Old 02-10-2009

Quote:
The exact quote from page 25 of the Feb 4th edition of NSSN

"For years, Ye Ed has daily driven N.J. Route 17, never noticing the huge building on the northbound side in Maywood of this busy road. But, thanks to BOB ZECCA of Driving Impressions, I was taken recently and discovered what the huge 17 billboard means. It stands for Velocity 17 which boasts 'Where Adrenaline and Acceleration Create the Extreme Experience' Inside this gigantic building is a fully lighted road course, a fleet of rental carts and available programs offering race sessions ........"
Bob may not be involved with it but his name was in bold letters. Maybe he just introduced Chris to the building.
Yea...Bob is a personal friend and took him out there. Its funny that his name was in bold letters, but he has no involvement with V17.
Old 02-10-2009
red mist junkie

Sorry, but I'm still heading out to Mt Kisco with my daughters to blast around GP NY. After all, they do sponser this site.
Old 02-10-2009

Quote:
Sorry, but I'm still heading out to Mt Kisco with my daughters to blast around GP NY. After all, they do sponsor this site.
And why would you be sorry about that? I love GPNY, Bob enjoys it as well. It was just too far to take Economaki at the time. We actually had a big trip planned with Bob, Economaki, SCCA racers but we got snowed out
Old 02-10-2009
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

Julia's sweet 16 birthday party was held at GPNY a few weeks ago and she and her friends had a blast. Blown away by the experience. Great instruction, food and track time.

The best part was Julia started on pole for the bragging rights final race of their track time and then got spun out on the first lap. She spent the whole session running down the pack going from DFL to 5th by the final lap. Julia passed for 4th early in the lap, ran down the P1-4 pack and coming off the downhill on the Downtown track P1 & 2 got tanged up and spun almost blocking the track. Julia craftily wove her way through both karts and then, with only the slightest amount of side to side contact, took the inside line coming out of the sharp left hander and won the race with an animated fist pump. I was loving it all LMAO while capturing the moment on video.

Birthday girl has P5 to P1 last lap come from behind win and all the boys are pissed. Ya gotta love it.

Last edited by dalyduo; 02-10-2009 at 10:38 PM.

Bookmark This Thread