Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > F1, IndyCar, Grand-Am, Karting etc Discussions

Old 02-22-2009
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Update

Hello all,

I thought I would update everyone on my career. It has been a long winter of countless phone calls and emails, as well has headaches and hopes for something to come together. I regret to say that nothing ever did come together. After such a great season in IMSA-Lites, my sights were set high for 2009 and it is frustrating that I couldn't make something happen. The economy is real tough right now, and I know I am not the only one in this situation.

On the brighter side, I am coaching the drivers of Comprent Motorsports all year long in IMSA-Lites. We hope to bring back another championship. I have also spotted for Speedsource racing, the #70 Mazda RX-8 in Grand Am, and hope to do more of that this year.

Whatever happens, I will continue to plug away, and continue to be patient. After all, I've worked way too hard to change my career now, nor could I imagine my life without this.

Jonathan
"I felt as though I were driving through a tunnel. The whole circuit became a tunnel...I had reached such a high level of concentration that it was if the car and I had become one. Together we were at the maximum. I was giving the car everything and vise versa." -- Ayrton Senna
Old 02-23-2009
Big Dick
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Re: Update

This is a difficult time for many, but whenever you hear the negatives, like unemployment is 7.6%, remember that it also means 92.4% are not unemployed and are working. There is opportunity out there, so never give up. It sounds like you have an acceptable "plan B" for the moment, but don't give up on the goal. You are young, talented and smart; all attributes that will help bring you success on what ever path you ultimately follow.
Old 02-23-2009
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Dick is right on all accounts. Hang in there. This shall pass and plan "b" keeps you in the game.
Old 02-23-2009
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

what they said - hang tuff Jonathan
Old 02-23-2009
red mist junkie
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 2

Chin up! Keep that Positive Attitude! I can concur that now is the worst time to be looking for a job! Every day we are being bombarded with the next batch of bad economic news. But, it will get better, I can assure you of that. If it doesn't.....well, it just will.
Keep Plan B in place but never let go of plan A. The reality of a fall back is vey smart. The Possability of the future is limitless.
Sometimes a step back is all it takes to find 10 forward steps.
Good Luck! I feel your pain.
Old 02-24-2009
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

We're all rooting for you Jonathan. Hang in there and good things will happen.
Pat
Old 02-25-2009
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I will always be hanging in there, like I said, I couldn't imagine my life without racing!!
"I felt as though I were driving through a tunnel. The whole circuit became a tunnel...I had reached such a high level of concentration that it was if the car and I had become one. Together we were at the maximum. I was giving the car everything and vise versa." -- Ayrton Senna

Bookmark This Thread