Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing Equipment, Race Tracks & Travel Discussions

Old 01-23-2006
Team Flying Randalls
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Thumbs up Daytona ADV 2 Day - - Dec. 21-22

Well - - it was a great weekend at Daytona - - loved the RT2000's, the sequential gear box is awesome.

My brother and I, and our sons really enjoyed the weekend, a lot of track time. Probably 5 hours just on Saturday, we we're all tired Both the young guys did an awesome job and improved every session on the track - - Unfortunetly I was the first of the family to sustain damage, end up pushing a little to hard and spent some money on some new parts (rear wing, crush box, header and supertrapp) - - it's bound to happen I guess, I just wasn't thrilled being the first in our foursome - lol. Great thing about SB, is you get right back into a different car - - the mechanics went right to work fixing the damage - - those guys are great.

Although I didn't have the record for the most damage of the weekend, luckily the driver wasn't hurt, and the accident wasn't even his fault - he got hit at the end of the front straight - - but the triple roll of the RT2000 racked up an estimated $16,000 damage to the car - - thank God for liability limits. BTW, the driver was only charged 10% of the damage - assigning responsibility is a great aspect of the skip series, we got to see it work - - and the results were fair - - stinks for everybody involved, but a very fair practice.

We were lucky to have an great group of instructors lead by Jim Pace - - but even more fun was running with some team juicy skippy regulars (I guess I'm still tired, can't think of their names to save my life right now) - - the guy and his wife were very friendly and always willing to help out and give advice - - I'm pretty sure I heard him say he was the 05 regional Masters champion, not sure what region - - I know they'll be at Sebring - - anyway guys, thanks for the help (sorry for not remembering names)

No issues getting use to the hans devices or arm restraints - - the extra safety is worth it - - We're going to be making some plans for our first race weekend, just not sure when or where yet.
Old 01-23-2006
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Re: Daytona 2-day - - Dec. 21-22

That was regional sportsman champion. Sorry Chris! I swear I didn't say that. Michele and I had a great time at daytona. The calibre of drivers skippy is attracting is really raising the bar. The flying Randalls were great fun to drive with. I had been following the Hans,arm restraints etc.etc discussions on the site but I didn't connect the names untill we started talking so that was pretty cool. I think you guys will be a welcome addition to the series.
Old 01-23-2006
Team Flying Randalls

Re: Daytona 2-day - - Dec. 21-22

Thanks Murray - -
(sorry, I'm terrible with names) - - Anyhow, it was great running some laps with you - - I'm not sure about the flying Randall tag Jim put on us, sounds like a circus act - lol
Old 01-23-2006
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Daytona ADV 2 Day - - Dec. 21-22

Great report..

None better than Jim Pace to learn from and Murray and Michelle Marden to hang & race with. So... nothing left to do but come race at Sebring in February
Old 01-23-2006
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

hello everyone. I am part of the Flying Randalls. but i think we need to drop that name ASAP.

I had a great time out on the track and definitly improved each session out. It was awesome running with murray the last session and ending on a good note.

After all of the driving this weekend, I found myself heel-toe downshifting my turbo integra on the way to class and trying to find the apex, turn in, track out, passing opportunities, etc.. haha

Look forward to meeting all of you at some point and learning as much as i can. I've now got 5 days under my belt at Skip.
Old 01-23-2006
Team Flying Randalls

That's my son I'm very proud of him - - -

Great job this weekend - - keep improving one step at a time, and learn from the mistakes you made, and the ones you witnessed.

Remember the old saying "do as I say, not as I do" - - I gave you a good example of that this weekend, I hope you got it - - I'm done teaching what NOT to do

Oh, and as a dad - - drive careful.
Old 01-23-2006
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Hey-
I am also part of the Randall team-- notice i left out the "flying" part lol- I had a great time in Daytona this weekend! I want to continue to do some SB racing with my dad, uncle and cousin. I found myself playing with the seat position in my car after coming home yesterday. Thanks for the help with the hans and arm restraint advice!

-DJ Randall

Last edited by DJR1126; 01-23-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-23-2006
Team Flying Randalls

Awesome job this weekend DJ - -

You two young guys are progressing at a really nice pace.

I don't know - - the Flying Randall's is catching on - -
Old 01-23-2006
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

hey DJ, when you get a chance, post up some pics and be sure to Email the rest of them to me. im dying to see them. lol

who knows, Flying Randalls may stick whether we like it or not.

Bookmark This Thread