Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing Equipment, Race Tracks & Travel Discussions

Old 09-11-2007
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

HJC CARBON FIBER HELMET SA2005

We just received the HJC carbon fiber SA2005 helmets. They are priced at $899.95. The workmanship, quality and weight is unbelievable at this price. We have them both at the Lime Rock store and warehouse in NJ. Call me at 1-800-275-4667 to order and we will give you Free UPS ground shipping or you can order online. THIS HELMET BLOWS AWAY ARAI!

Thanks
Bob Zecca
Driving Impressions
www.teamdi.com
Old 09-11-2007
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Re: HJC CARBON FIBER HELMET SA2005

another new helmet is the stand 21 IVOS, available in US in about 30 days. Of course the price is at the very top end of the scale but it is our heads we're talkin about.

I own a 1992 stand 21 helmet which i love, extremely light, and the ventilation is by far the best i have ever experienced..it's has never come close to any fogging in dozens of rain situations and the cooling effect is great too.

I have a new IVOS ordered, it is made to measure, has a one-piece made to measure changeable, washable liner/padding of which i ordered a spare, change out is easy and quick. Weight is 1330 grams 100 Gr lighter than my current model and they claim it is the lightest Snell 2005 helmet available. Designed using a wind tunnel specifically for open cockpit stability and comfort. The most important change however is the fact it was designed completely around the Hans system, it has a shorter rear and longer chin with a larger lateral visual field to allow better vision even with the restricted motion of the Hans.

I have used Stand 21 since 1990 and love their products although the prices i admit are outrageous. My current helmet is a Snell 1990 and not Hans compatible, obviously the IVOS was the logical choice. They will also custom paint it at the factory, saving me the hassle of finding someone to do it. In addition it is painted before assembly, eliminating any masking or disassembly required by after market painters. I picked one of their 50 in house designs and modified it a little in addition to using my own color choices, they can also paint your own custom design. The lead time to make one of these made to measure with paint is 10 days to 3 weeks, or so they claim. I will report back on how long mine takes once they start the process. You can order standard sizes too but I don't know why anyone would given the short lead times. Hans anchors, air hose fitting, drink holes along with other options, accessories are also available.

http://www.stand21.fr/nouveautes/new...umero11-2.html

http://www.stand21.fr/accueil/acceuil-2.html
Old 09-11-2007
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by donv
.....I picked one of their 50 in house designs and modified it a little in addition to using my own color choices, they can also paint your own custom design. The lead time to make one of these made to measure with paint is 10 days to 3 weeks, or so they claim. I will report back on how long mine takes once they start the process.
Wow, sounds like a beauty Don, can't wait to see it. Look forward to hearing how quickly they get it to you.
Old 09-12-2007
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Don:
I would very much like to look at your helmet at RA if you don't mind
Old 09-12-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey Pietz
Don:
I would very much like to look at your helmet at RA if you don't mind
No problem, find me at the track, of course the helmet will be the 1990 model not the new IVOS, that one will be in Atlanta at the earliest.

At RA I will be testing one of their new suits the ST3000 2 layer model, I plan to buy one of those at some point too. If interested you can check it out in RA and on their website.

No I have no affiliation with stand 21 and receive no compensation, discounts etc. I have gotten to know my rep Chad Outzs who has been very helpful with questions and arranging for test suits. He is also a graphic designer and helped me with the helmet design. Unfortunately he is so busy with opening the new CA store that my helmet design is not quite complete and I have to get it submitted soon. I may have to decide on the final changes and choices myself, then he can refine it for submittal. My creative, artistic talents are basically nil, but I have narrowed it down to 2-3 designs that only require a little creative pizazz for completion.
Old 09-13-2007
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Don, are you getting a Stand 21 HANS to go with your helmet?
Old 09-13-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands
Don, are you getting a Stand 21 HANS to go with your helmet?
Not from them, they can't sell their hans in USA, wish I could because they claim to have tweaked it a little and will also paint it to match helmet. I bought the one Gregg had for sale although I haven't recieved it yet.

I may buy the Hans air pads they sell but will try it with the standard pads first.

For those out west they just opened the new Costa Mesa store today.
http://www.stand21.fr/nouveautes/cal...ifornie-2.html
Old 10-23-2007
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Dear SBRS Customers,

There is no doubt the Stand 21 helmet is an excellent product. Their complete line is top quality. For years we have been importing products from Italy but our present problem is the dollar is getting killed by the euro so the European products are skyrocketing in costs. The HJC helmet line is an excellent alternative. They are the largest company in the world and the carbon helmet and SI12 are unbelievable for the price. Go to http://www.teamdi.com/HJChelmets.html to see the line. On top of this Driving Impressions will offer you free UPS ground freight and a helmet bag with your helmet purchase. We also are factory authorized for Hans but please beware of the problems of Hans fitting properly on Skippy cars. I will try to talk you thru this. Thanks as always for your business and support and let us know if we could be of help to you for the future.

Sincerely,
Bob Zecca

Bookmark This Thread