Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 01-07-2011
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Finally signed up for my 1st race!

Hey guys,

Been around the forums for sometime now.. love the community! I took my 3 day in 2009 and my 2 day advanced july 31st 2010 all in formula class in Road Atlanta. I have to say, that track has a special place in my heart! Its an amazing track and i still have yet to perfect turn 12 and 1.. haha.. Having oversteer on either corner's scares the shit out of me! So back on topic, I was trying to have my 1st race weekend to be at Road Atlanta, being that is the only track i've been on in a formula car... to say the least, that didn't happen. I did not have enough funds in time for the Road Atlanta race weekend so i saved up for the next best thing... Sebring! Sebring is only around 3 hours away from my house which is very ideal for me not having to fly up to a track! Unfortunately because of my lack of fundings, i was away from the car more than 6 months. I was not aware that if i was away from a formula car for more than 6 months before my 1st race weekend, they will make me do an additional lapping day prior to the race weekend. I knew that before my 1st race weekend, a practice session was mandatory but never was aware of the lapping day due to being away from the car for a while. I had enough money saved up for practice and race weekend including all my personal gear but when i was told about my lapping, i was put into a little bubble. I could of changed the date from Feb. 19-20 to mid April and save more money during that time but i'm just sick and tired of waitinggggg... As more time comes between me and racing, more problems seam to rise so i made the decision to not buy myself any gear (other than gloves and shoe's and some under-layers) and use the skipbarber gear provided and the money saved in that will go into my lapping session. I spoke this over with evan who is a really great guy! Very helpful and amazing customer service!

So after the little story here are the facts...

Signed up for: Sebring Full Course

Lapping session Feb. 17th (Thursday)
Practice session Feb 18th (Friday)
Race weekend Feb 19-20 (Sat - Sun) - Formula Regional

I have been to the track, (not raced on it) and driven on it in a street car which should be in no comparison but i do know at least what to expect (very bumpy!!!) I know being away from the car for 7 months plus and going back into it for 4 days straight is going to put a lot of stress on the body so for the next 40+ days i'm gonna be doing some intense training in order to prepare properly for the race weekend.

My good friend Robert La Rocca raced at Sebring and done very well there in the Formula class and has video's and notes for me to look over which i will be studying very thoroughly as well as taking my own data sheets for me to fill in during lapping and practice sessions.

If anyone else on here is going to be there in Sebring during Feb. 17-20, please post up and let me know, I would love to meet up with you guys or just say hi..

I am looking very forward for this weekend even though i'm have yet to be in a formula car in sebring... But a good driver is good at any track right!

Thank you for reading!

-Andor-
Old 01-07-2011
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Finally signed up for my 1st race!

Great news Andor! Congratulations.

I'm considering coming down that weekend so there is a chance we will get to meet there. I'll let you know when I'm sure.

As you know turns 1 & 17 are blind and fast so work up to them gradually. Tower turn is also a turn you want to work up to. Easy to get bitten by the exit wall if you over cook it. Turn 15 (Gendebien) is also fast and technical. Lots of room to run off if you over cook it but don't try to save it as those efforts often end up in the wall before 16. As Jim Pace told me at my second ever race weekend there, "Always better to drive off track under control than fly off out of control."

Use that lapping day to get comfortable in the car again, re-learn the track and acclimate to speed again. That's what I'll be doing if I get down there.

Thanks for letting us know. We're excited for you.

Pat
Old 01-07-2011
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Andor,

You will love it. Sebring is my favorite track. The flow, the speed, the bumps, the history... it's got it all. The toughest thing about my first time there is how long the back side is (after the hairpin, turn 7). All the named corners turn right, everything is flat and looks very much the same, so in the beginning it's hard to go into a corner with commitment when you're not really sure where you are. Watch as much video as you can to try to get as familiar with the sight pictures. Another challenge is that there are so many corners, and all of them require different techniques. Attention to detail in terms of landmarks really helps. If Gerardo is there, sit at his feet and write down every word. The guy has eaten, slept, and breathed Sebring and knows it better than anyone I know. My first win was at Sebring thanks to his teaching.

Oh, and don't forget to eat some gator!!!!!
Old 01-08-2011

Thanks guys for the great response! Yeah the track is HUGE!!! With some research i see that lap times are around 2:50.00 time.. some under and some above.. thats a nice loonnggg lapp!! So excited! And yeah there are many special turns all involving much different technique which is definitely going to put me to the test. I'm studying many many many video's on youtube (thank god Sebring probably has the most video's of skip-barber cars on it! ) and unfortunitly i have a mack so iRacing is out of the question for me, i play Forza Motorsports a lot and from being on other tracks and comparing them to them one's on forza, they are very very identical so i am racing a lot around the track and stopping in every corner and also having a map in my hand with the name of it so i can get used to how it looks visually to the name. The only corner that seams different on Forza is Le Mans corner (turn 16). From seeing video's i've seen cars cut to the left to get a much better radius turn in through the apex so they can carry speed for the nice loonggggggg straight away! But i still have a little over a month to go and am putting as much effort as i can to be the most prepared i can be on a track i have never raced on.

Thank you again guys for the positive feedback. I am of course gonna take it slow starting off picking my brake points (landmarks) and studying the track surface and of course picking up speed each lap untill i'm comfortable to start deep braking and testing some water's around some corner's and seeing what works and what doesn't. Than on practice day i should hopefully be up to speed with some of the packkk and hopefully after practice i would feel confident enough to go out 110% on my qualifying laps on sat. morning.

I'm soo stoked for the this to happen!!!
Old 01-08-2011
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
All the named corners turn right, everything is flat and looks very much the same
and here I was lifting for most of those corners...huh, bet I could peel off a few seconds with this revelation...eh...what?

Have fun Andor, jealous!!! I too LOVE Sebring, fabulous place, been too long....

Old 01-08-2011
G-force junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
and here I was lifting for most of those corners...huh, bet I could peel off a few seconds with this revelation...eh...what?
smart aleck. You'll peel off more than a few seconds....

Hey Doug-- you know, they used to think the Earth was flat... then they invented more than one cylinder!!!!!!!! Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

Andor-- don't worry about trying to brake late at Sebring... you'll get much more out of carrying as much speed as possible into the corner, getting on the gas early, and holding on for dear life!
Old 01-08-2011
administrationistperson

Quote:
Hey Doug-- you know, they used to think the Earth was flat... then they invented more than one cylinder!!!!!!!! Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!
So good starting the day with a big laugh, thanks H

Andor - Harsha sometimes is right, this is such an occasion Trying to find tenths with late braking is #267 on the list of things to be thinking about at your first race weekend on an unfamiliar track. Lots of corners to learn - many apexes to find. Enjoy!

Last edited by cdh; 01-09-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 01-08-2011

Gallery Images: 6

Great advice guys - andor, here are the primary things to think about for your first race weekend; don't try to drive above your capabilites in your early sessions (you'll actually slow the car down being too agressive), give other drivers lots of racing room (a lot of first timers not only take themselves out but can take out other drivers as well with an ill-timed move and it can be expensive) and RELAX - enjoy the experience, stay in the moment. We all guarantee you will have a blast.
Old 01-08-2011
administrationistperson

What Paulie said - most important thought imo? Your hands follow your eyes, look where you want to be going and always try and stay ahead of the car....actually most important is have fun!
Old 01-08-2011

I agree 100% CDH!!
Old 01-08-2011

Thank you guyss! your really helping me out a lot!! Yeah, ive seen that in sebring, caring speed through the corner and getting on the gas earlier is more important than deep braking other than turn 7 (hairpin turn) but on that turn, the inside is very loose and i've seen many many people going off almost on every video i've seen. I'm def. working on some tragedies for the days i'll be in the car. I def. wont be exceeding my limit as i know when ur over the limit and all tensed up, more mistakes are bound to happen and to much is on your mind that the smoothness and quickness through turns aren't there, affecting your overall time negatively. I used to race motocross and really and truly, every time when i was out on the track having the best time and just concentrating on my own line and having a blast is when i place the fastest laps and ride the smoothness... I'm gonna do a lot of carting the next couple of weeks and i'm gonna work on breathing and keeping focus without tensing up my body.

and nothing like starting off the day with smiling , positive vibes is the beginning of a great day.

Thank you again guys! Of course time flies when u have nothing too look forward too but now that i have this event, every day feels like a marathonn!!!! lol
Old 01-08-2011
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Quote:
...they used to think the Earth was flat... then they invented more than one cylinder!!!!!!!!...

Andor, there were only three guys who could consistently drive at 110%. Juan Manuel Fangio. Well. Maybe a couple of others.
First race plus 110% equals red mist. Hard to see through. Pick a couple of things to work on. Looking as far ahead as possible. Being smooth. Slow in, fast out. Build on that.
Oh. You have picked one of the few environments in which all the advice is good advice. The guys are on your side. Use them.
And yeah, have lots of fun.
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 01-08-2011

One more thing. While your stuffing your head with lots of racing techniques and track videos and doing all those neck exercises and push-ups, pick up one of Ross Bentley's books (the first Speed Secrets comes to mind). I'm guessing you've already read Carl Lopez.
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 01-08-2011
Grand Master

My second race weekend was at Sebring and I was off the charts excited, nervous and scared because it was my first time traveling to a distant track to both learn and race. Many nights leading up fell asleep watching race videos and in the end, they were almost worthless. Until you've driven a track and have it first hand in your mind and body the video's are of very limited practical use. iRacing may be another story but it doesn't sound like that's an option at this point. So don't sweat the track prep too much as it will all go out the window once you're on the track.

The most valuable thing I did going in was having a lead/follow session with an instructor. Jim Pace showed me the line and some of the obscure landmarks such as concrete and tar patches that make it easier to pinpoint the right place to be on track through critical corners. Because Sebring is so flat there aren't a lot of landmarks you can use as reference points. Jim sat me down with a track map and told me what gears to use, where to check my tach and where some of those patches were that revealed the proper line. If you can't afford a lead follow just sit down with a track map and any of the instructors and they'll pass that info along.

It's good to remember that because the track is so long you get a relatively low number of laps during any session. I believe we only run about 9 laps per tank or full lapping session so being relaxed to take in and retain everything that you're experiencing will really make a difference.

The repeated theme here is have fun. Relaxed and smiling is a very good thing, and you go faster that way!

Last edited by dalyduo; 01-09-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-08-2011

oldredracer - I have been reading the "Drive to Win" book from Carrol Smith that i find very good and i might just pick up another one.

And yeah, i def. understand on how virtual racing really does very little when you have never been on the track before.. maybe after but thats not in my case. I was doing the same thing as i'm doing now for Road Atlanta and when i got there, the elevation changes were like.. HOLLLYYYY F#$&!!!! Def. had to work into them bec. real life is way dif. than virtual.

and really, only 9 LAPS for a lapping session! o man, thats gonna be really intense to gather all that info all at once!!
I wish i had enough mulla for a lead and follow but after they made me doo a lapping session before an additional practice session, my pockets are filled with only dust!!

And i guess i'm gonna be going super fast being that i'm gonna have a smile from ear to ear through every single corner haha

But i know right away i'm gonna be working hard on being smooth on throttle early, slow in - fast out, and to keep my eye's far ahead to help me be smoother.. I have seen that when i look right a head of mee, i'm making so many steering correction that are really not needed and when the corner comes, i'm almost unprepared.. again guys, i cant thank you enough for the help!!!
Old 01-08-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

The best part about racing at Skippy? It's the part outside of what you can describe to your friends who ask you " So how fast do you go?" It's the people you will be racing with and instructors who will bend over backwards to help you. The racing is awesome. You do Skippy enough and you can race anywhere, pick the series. But, you won't have as much fun! Enjoy the ride. Look forward to meeting you!
Old 01-09-2011
administrationistperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcraige View Post
The best part about racing at Skippy? It's the part outside of what you can describe to your friends who ask you " So how fast do you go?" It's the people you will be racing with and instructors who will bend over backwards to help you. The racing is awesome. You do Skippy enough and you can race anywhere, pick the series. But, you won't have as much fun! Enjoy the ride. Look forward to meeting you!
Where is the "Like" button for this post? __ __ Well put Jimbo

aaaaahh, got my smilie fix in ;;
Old 01-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcraige View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
Where is the "Like" button for this post? __ __ Well put Jimbo

aaaaahh, got my smilie fix in ;;
RIGHT!!!

Thank you very much jcraige... i've have very quickly noticed that no matter the level of expertise or what age level a person might be, everyone in skippy are willing to help out another person in order to benefit them and i am proud to be allowed to run in this series and along side with you guys (if any of you are racingggg).

Really and truly, its good racing and goodd friends that develop from this series and thats why it makes me even more excited to get involved in it! Def. wished there was a like button! haha

The experience from this series might be the same or even better than other's but the friends and relationships between instructor and student is nothing like i have ever seen before! Pure fantastic and makes the experience that much better and "funner" lol (i know thats not a word but there isn't any other word that exists or that comes to my mind right now that can describe it)
Old 01-12-2011

Hi Andor,

Congrats and good luck. I always enjoy new tracks.

Bring a clip board and a pen and a track map and first thing you can - grab 4 or 5 track maps.
After each session, make sure you go to the feedback area right away.
Take good notes and review them before you go out for your next session.

At night, re-read them and visually what you are going to do things differently or better.
You should improve massively session to session, day to day by applying yourself in this manner.

Greg.

ps. Im a hypocrite, I keep all this my head, but my memory is solid
Old 01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
Hi Andor,

Congrats and good luck. I always enjoy new tracks.

Bring a clip board and a pen and a track map and first thing you can - grab 4 or 5 track maps.
After each session, make sure you go to the feedback area right away.
Take good notes and review them before you go out for your next session.

At night, re-read them and visually what you are going to do things differently or better.
You should improve massively session to session, day to day by applying yourself in this manner.

Greg.

ps. Im a hypocrite, I keep all this my head, but my memory is solid
HAHA thank you Greg! Yeah i already have some track maps i've been reviewing and also my friends track map who has one a couple of times at sebring in the formula series. I know my notes are my notes and will be different than his because we are all different driver's but at least i am getting some extra help and tips on what to look for on the track etc... Thank you for the advice! i'm gonna be up at sebring by my self for 3 nights before some family / friends drive up for the race on sat. so thursday night and friday night def. gonna use ur advice and visualize what i have experience and study my notes! Thanks again!
Old 01-18-2011

Quick update on an very helpful person i spoke to with the other day. It was a short convo but he was very willing to help and provided me with good directions on where to look for some extra help. Also gave me an excellent track description of Sebring. I'm sure many of you guys have met this guy and know exactly his funny humor and willing to help that i'm talking about. His name is Bruce MacInnes.

I have a very good friend of mine who his father does some local SCCA races with his Z3 M coupe and he has told me in the past that he is friends with many skip barber instructors (mostly up north, mainly at Lime Rock). His name is Dace Lempert. His son, Mike Lempert who has taken a 3-day at LimeRock told me to call his dad's friend Bruce and see if he can give me a discount. No discount was given as they were only for school instructional events like 3-day and 2 day adv. etc but he did send me over to his website and i would definitely love to show you his article's he has on there that are very helpful.

Link: http://macinnesmotorsports.com/

On the phone, unfortunately his plane got into an accident at the airport with a gas truck i think it was bumped into it and damaged something but he was still very helpful and very funny. Very good guy and would just like to thank him (if he's on here) again for the great help and advice. His track description is very good! He told me to watch some specific video's that show the perfect line and as i follow that video with some key details as he wrote down on his "track description document", i have to say, its very good! Of course i will share!

Here is the track description from Bruce MacInnes:

http://macinnesmotorsports.com/Sebring.pdf

for anyone else looking for some help on lines and track descriptions, he also has Moroso (assuming old track), Lime Rock esses and many more. Please check it out if need any help

Thanks for reading,

Andor
Old 01-18-2011
Grand Master

What good fortune Andor... Bruce is a legend with Skip Barber and there isn't anyone with the company who doesn't know him. His notes are comprehensive and you'll find them most helpful after you've driven the track a bit. Remember the "fun" word.
Old 01-18-2011

Bruce who????
Old 01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
unfortunately his plane got into an accident at the airport with a gas truck i think it was bumped into it and damaged something but he was still very helpful and very funny.

For anyone wondering, a snow plough at the GB airport hit the rear tie-down line, ripping out part of the tail section. It was assessed yesterday.
Old 01-18-2011
Grand Master

Except for Turner drivers who have very selective memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldredracer View Post
Bruce who????
Sorry about the plane... Glad he's OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekychica View Post
For anyone wondering, a snow plough at the GB airport hit the rear tie-down line, ripping out part of the tail section. It was assessed yesterday.
Old 01-18-2011
administrationistperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekychica View Post
that sucks - assessed after being jackassed
Old 01-18-2011

DD - Nobody likes a smarty-pants.

Cheeky - The plough ripped the thnot out of the tail thection.

Before: Click image for larger version

Name:	Bruce M fly 003.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	394.9 KB
ID:	4132

After: Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0010[2].jpg
Views:	11
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	4133
[ATTACH]
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0008[2].jpg
Views:	10
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	4135[/ATTACH]

crass commercialism dept:
Bruce is at Sebring for the air show and Skippy booth thru 1/23. He sez to call him during the show and the 20% booth discount can be yours as well on any event for up to a year. (413) 329-0995. Brucie never stands still for long. Full disclosure: if you pick an event at Lime Rock, you keep me off the streets too.

Is all this a big enough highjack for Andor???
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0017[2].jpg
Views:	14
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	4134  

Last edited by oldredracer; 01-18-2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-18-2011
Grand Master

Quote:
Bruce who????
Quote:
DD - Nobody likes a smarty-pants.
My point exactly
Old 01-18-2011
administrationistperson

Paul, from this day forward I will be typing it thnot, thanks
Old 01-18-2011

Ya gotta love that thnot!!:ro tflmao: - where is Watts when we need him?
Old 01-23-2011
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1
Andor,

I'm on a blackberry so I'll keep this short. You can see the passion in this thread - the unmitigated, insatiable desire of each and everyone in the Skippy community. You can take stock in all the advice and be be very sure that this will follow you to the track. I'm the perennial Sebring and Road Atlanta junkie. Did both classes at Rd Atl and my first race weekend at Sebring. I will be down... Welcome to the fold. You won't regret the sacrifice. It's all very woth it.

Hello to my other brethren. Hope to see you guys in a few weeks.
gdr
Old 02-13-2011

Hey guy, how is everyone doing?

Last weekend till the big race weekend. I've been hard at the gym and actually have been able to shred off around 7-9lb's! Running 5 miles every day and doing high cycle's of weight to be fit but not bulky! Just have some questions that have been on my mind. I leave wed. night after classes to head up and check in the hotel in Sebring.

1. Should i continue to go to the gym monday - wed. or only do cardio to not be to stiff / tense for the race weekend.

2. What time are the events info.. My family will be coming up sunday morning but they want a specific time when the race starts on sunday but i have no where written on all the info given on when the race begins.

i know i will be recieveing an email tomorrow with the time's of the meeting etc but idk if i will receive when all the races start as well.

Just some newb questionss

Thank you guys!

Andor
Old 02-13-2011
Grand Master

1. Do maintenance work at this point. You've got lots of cardio and strength work in the bank so just maintain and feel relaxed and strong going in.

2. You won't know times until the schedule is sent and those times will be rough. If there are cars to test or wet weather in the forecast the schedule can slow down or speed up. The times also vary with how long the races go. Some races will run green start to finish and others may have yellow or red flags and will run longer So have your family there early and let them know it may be hurry up and wait.

You're going to have a ball.

Quote:
Hey guy, how is everyone doing?

Last weekend till the big race weekend. I've been hard at the gym and actually have been able to shred off around 7-9lb's! Running 5 miles every day and doing high cycle's of weight to be fit but not bulky! Just have some questions that have been on my mind. I leave wed. night after classes to head up and check in the hotel in Sebring.

1. Should i continue to go to the gym monday - wed. or only do cardio to not be to stiff / tense for the race weekend.

2. What time are the events info.. My family will be coming up sunday morning but they want a specific time when the race starts on sunday but i have no where written on all the info given on when the race begins.

i know i will be recieveing an email tomorrow with the time's of the meeting etc but idk if i will receive when all the races start as well.

Just some newb questionss

Thank you guys!

Andor
Old 02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
1. Do maintenance work at this point.
+1 to that - u dont want to injur yourself this close to your first race

id do 2.5 miles for running instead of 5.

i also run but i go at roughly 1/2 speed the day before my travel day

so i work out day, travel day, get into car day

make sense?
Old 02-14-2011

Angry Re: Finally signed up for my 1st race!

Quote:
+1 to that - u dont want to injur yourself this close to your first race

id do 2.5 miles for running instead of 5.

i also run but i go at roughly 1/2 speed the day before my travel day

so i work out day, travel day, get into car day

make sense?
perfect sense! 5 miles today, 2 miles tomorrow, travel wed. in car thursday - sunday !!!
Old 02-15-2011
G-force junkie

Quote:
perfect sense! 5 miles today, 2 miles tomorrow, travel wed. in car thursday - sunday !!!
Make sure you have a rest day every week. This helps your body develop more than working out every day. Rest is rebuild time. Without it you just break down your muscles and don't give them the opportunity to adapt properly to your regimen. And that adaptation is what creates higher levels of performance. The harder you work, the more rest you need to see the max possible performance gains.
Old 02-15-2011

Quote:
Make sure you have a rest day every week. This helps your body develop more than working out every day. Rest is rebuild time. Without it you just break down your muscles and don't give them the opportunity to adapt properly to your regimen. And that adaptation is what creates higher levels of performance. The harder you work, the more rest you need to see the max possible performance gains.
bah he is too young to need a rest day! :/
Old 02-15-2011
G-force junkie

Quote:
Ahh, and that is the myth, Grasshopper. Yes he is young--that means he can work out twice as hard as you, run twice as far as you, stay in the car twice as long as you, do anything twice as long as you (and possibly twice as well). But he still needs the rest, so that he can keep doing everything twice as long as you.

Even the man upstairs took a rest day...
Old 02-15-2011

Quote:
Quote:
Ahh, and that is the myth, Grasshopper. Yes he is young--that means he can work out twice as hard as you, run twice as far as you, stay in the car twice as long as you, do anything twice as long as you (and possibly twice as well). But he still needs the rest, so that he can keep doing everything twice as long as you.

Even the man upstairs took a rest day...
HAHAHA you guys are tooo funny! Yes, i also work almost full time and when i have to go to work and can't make it to the gym, thats my rest day. Usually rest twice a week. Used to box for 4 years and def. know that a major key factor for getting better and faster is to rest. Rest is just as important as conditioning!
Old 02-16-2011

Posting this up early because i have some extra time between my classes and after class i'm off to Sebring!!! Just a quick update..

Would like to thank evertone on here for all the advice given and for all the help i've received! Thank you

Yesterday (tuesday) was a normal day, vitamens in the morning, trying to stay healthy bec. 3 pple in my house have been sick the last month and the last thing i need right now is to get sickk... Went to class and did the usuall, tried to concetrate but was passing out.. out of no where i had like a sneeze attack! Sneezed at least 8 times in 5 min. Ever since than, i have not felt healthy.. Of course, just my luck. I dont feel sick but my nose is a little runny and just ehh... taking more vitamens and hopefully it was just from sunis but hopefully it'll go away. I know skip barber races occurs rain or shine so no matter what, i'm still gonna go out there and give it my best while having the best time of my life!

I leave today to Sebring around 5-6pm after i wash and blue-tape the front end of my suby for the 2hr road trip north to Sebring. The weather has just been perfect with mid 50's low 60's in the mroning and a nice cool 70's in the day. For my latin self, that is perfect!!! I have like 30 track maps all ready to be filled in with notes and couple of pounds of pasta for the night before the events. (pasta's my favorite btw).. I will be staying at the INN on the Lakes which is located like 10 min from the track. Tried to stay in the FOUR POINTS but i was not able to recieve a 2 twins for 4 nights.. and i'm also saving like $200 staying in at the INN which is one day's worth of insurance for me!

Can't beleive tomorrow i'll be in a formula car and on the track learning every turn and getting up to speed! Hopefully some one takes some good pics of the event!

Also very glad i am on this forum as the Memorial race is this weekend for Walt Bohren (Wally). After seeing all the video's of him and seeing how amazing he was, i can really appreciate the memorial race much more and at least know a much better back ground on how amazing Wally was and will be honord to be there at the memorial race etc...

Thank you guys again,

Will hopefully update you guys tonight when i arrive at the hotel or tomorrow after the lapping day.

Old 02-16-2011

Gallery Images: 36

Some thoughts:
(a) Who is the new driver coach this weekend? Please give him my regards.
(b) Please keep this kid away from any Red Bull products.
(c) Will someone please tape the instructor commentary during his races?
(d) Please remind all new drivers that the primary goal for a first race is to see the checkered flag.
(e) Wish I were there. I really do.
Old 02-16-2011
Diesel Demon

Enjoy your weekend and good luck !!! Savor every moment.

Turn 1 on Lap 1, the start, will be an experience you will never forget. Head all instructor advice, as always, but especially on this one (the "accordian affect").

You didn't say if you were intending to run the memorial. They too can be a bit intimidating. Trust your own judgement and that of your instructors as to whether or not you want to participate.

Above all, have fun !!

Viz
Old 02-16-2011
administrationistperson

"Crash damage is expensive and we don't recommend it"

Safe travels Harsha
Old 02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatertownNewbie View Post
Some thoughts:
(a) Who is the new driver coach this weekend? Please give him my regards.
(b) Please keep this kid away from any Red Bull products.
(c) Will someone please tape the instructor commentary during his races?
(d) Please remind all new drivers that the primary goal for a first race is to see the checkered flag.
(e) Wish I were there. I really do.
a. I believe its Don Kutschall
b. hahaha no red bull for mee!! unless there gonna sponsor me
c. that would be great!
d. and yes of course! not finishing is way worse than finishing last and passing the checkered! the main goal is to have fun and go as fast as the ability of my skills
e.
Old 02-16-2011

Just checked in to the Hotel called Inn on the Lakes and i have to say, it is simply beautiful!!! Its dark out so hard to see the lake but you can easily feel the cool breeze. Ferrari, Bentley, and Porsche's all parked right out front! My kinda town!
Old 02-16-2011
Grand Master

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow Andor.
Pat

Bookmark This Thread