Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 07-15-2009
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69
Re: Road America July

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Subject View Post
Mechanics Fund Tally - $3960 US - I have already sent a check to Sid by mail. Nice job everyone!!
WAY TO GO, Paul! Nice! And that tally was in spite of the fact that Paul never threatened to break anyone's knees (like someone else we know).
Old 07-15-2009
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795
Videos Re: Road America July

Here are first 2 podium vids, sorry these are taking so long but more going into these, today is my Joanie's birthday, had water leak in condo, but best excuse is my race vids just arrived from Mike, about to watch for first time so all work STOPS

Will finish and post the rest tonight / tomorrow AM.

G1R1 - deleted, fixing....

G2R1 podium vid - 3:26 - MAZDASPEED Challenge Race One - winner Andrew Pasquale, WTG!

Last edited by cdh; 07-16-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-16-2009
administrationistperson

guess I was working too late - I mixed up the groups, doh, will repost vids when I sort them out....
Old 07-16-2009
Diesel Demon
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
Paul said the take was over 3 grand, given the relatively low driver count that's excellent, thanks GT

Here's a 3 min video from Road America, couldn't use the real juicy stuff, that's for the banquet. Podium vids processing now, will post asap.
If this isn't the "real juicy stuff", one can only salivate at the thought of the banquet video !!! Nice job Doug, as always !

Viz

PS - So just how did you get those shots of you in the Mini ?? Was the camera attached to a Mr Chicken door mounted dinner tray ?
Old 07-16-2009
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman View Post
If this isn't the "real juicy stuff", one can only salivate at the thought of the banquet video !!! Nice job Doug, as always !
pardon the french but that is fuckin kick-ass, HAL. You have the gift, dude. Hard to imagine it gets better than that, but you can count on me making the banquet!

Quote:
PS - So just how did you get those shots of you in the Mini ?? Was the camera attached to a Mr Chicken door mounted dinner tray ?
Now that's funny
Old 07-16-2009
administrationistperson

thanks guys, the Mr Chicken door tray cam mount is soooo

OK, take 2

G1R1 podium video 2:03 - Nick Andries shows us You Ain't Seen Nuthin Yet

G1R1 v2 - Slightly revised (better) version

G2R1 podium video 3:26 - MAZDASPEED Challenge Race One - winner Andrew Pasquale, WTG!

G3R1 podium video 2:37 - photos by Bobo, live music by Michael Jonathon with race winner Hotlicks Harsha Sen on mandolin
(H, if you have a different piece you prefer please send and I will cut it in)

working on the rest, almost there

Last edited by cdh; 07-16-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-17-2009
administrationistperson

another

Group 4 Race 1 - 3:20 min - Kyle Kaiser gets his first pole and win, nicely done young man
Old 07-17-2009
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
Paul said the take was over 3 grand, given the relatively low driver count that's excellent, thanks GT

Here's a 3 min video from Road America, couldn't use the real juicy stuff, that's for the banquet. Podium vids processing now, will post asap.
Wow
that is an awesome video - Do you mind if I share the video with some of my non racing friends? (I would like to use it as a recruiting tool )
Old 07-17-2009
administrationistperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
Wow
that is an awesome video - Do you mind if I share the video with some of my non racing friends? (I would like to use it as a recruiting tool )
glad you like it, no prob, but send them the forum link, we could use the visitors.

http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forum...kid=514&page=1
Old 07-18-2009
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1

Harsha, As much mentorship as you've recieved from any one individual, you've passed on to me in triplicate.

I'm late to this party but you know how proud I am for your win and how much more impressed I am with your humble, dogged persistence. You are a model for many.

And this from a man that so freely gives back what he gets!!! Great prose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
Earn, beg, borrow, (but do not steal) every cent you can and race! This time will not last forever, nor will it come back. It is so much more than a sport, it is a metaphor for life and it can put you in direct contact with the flow that animates all living things. I always used to think that birds flew and porpoises swam because that's just the way they evolved and they don't know anything else, now I watch them and I can see that while much of their activity has a goal of getting to food or getting from A to B, some of it is just for the sheer fun and pleasure of knowing they can. As I was flying through the Kink faster than I ever have before, with the turn-in just so and the car steering on rails stone-cold-dead flat for the first time ever, I really didn't care how the race ended, I was just exhilarated by the freedom of being able to do this so well. I felt like those hawks that spend whole summer days circling on risers and then cascading to earth. Who cares about the points, I can fly in a race car! Damn that's awesome!

I was the slowest person in my 3-day until the afternoon of the third day, and 20 sec off the pace in my first 2 race weekends, of course DFL. I was not one who showed any "natural ability" in the beginning. I labored for a year at the back of the grid. That is why it doesn't bother me when my pals rib me about it taking so long for me to win my first race. I am still pinching myself that I can actually drive like this. If Skip Barber can teach me to drive, they can teach anyone.
Old 07-19-2009
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
Thanks Jim, Pat. Helps to know the history. Sure wish there was a work-around that would help us with the present car, though.
Perhaps this could be modified to increase capacity and..uh...reassign the output??

QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 07-21-2009
administrationistperson

found one last podium vid hiding....G4R2. Decided to put them all in this post so easier to find

3 min video from Road America

G1R1 podium video 2:03 - Nick Andries shows us You Ain't Seen Nuthin Yet

G2R1 podium video 3:26 - MAZDASPEED Challenge Race One - winner Andrew Pasquale, WTG!

G3R1 podium video 2:37 - photos by Bobo, live music by Michael Jonathon with race winner Hotlicks Harsha Sen on mandolin

G4R1 podium video 3:20 min - Kyle Kaiser gets his first pole and win, nicely done young man

New today
G4R2 podium video 2:00 - using up too many music ideas so just ambient audio here
Old 08-02-2009
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Harsha:

Have not seen the TJ/SB web site for some time. I'm tickled to see that you won a "Big Boy" race at RA. As I recall you first won a Sportsman at Sebring? about two years ago. I remember how excited you were at the time so I am sure you are even more pleased now. As well you should be. Congratulations!!! If anyone else had posted about going to the Himalayas to get brake foot enlightenment I would have blown them off but not you. I suspect you did just what you said.
Mahaharsha YogeshYogi, Sen Master, I stand in awe!!!!

Bookmark This Thread