Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > F1, IndyCar, Grand-Am, Karting etc Discussions

Old 11-02-2008
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Massa wins in Brazil Hamilton wins the Championship

If you wrote a Hollywood ending like the one we saw today people would say "Ohhh Come On... You don't expect me to believe that do you?!!" All the drama, tension and excitement. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat for the same driver! You couldn't possibly have all those things happen in a real race could you?

The rain at the start and the finish. The Ferrari team, Massa's family and all the track fans in delerious celebration of their hero as the winner and world champ, only to be crushed when they learn Glock's dry tires on a wet track let Hamilton by at the end of the last lap to take back that needed 5th finishing spot for the Championship.

The fans at the track were shrieking, the announcers on Speed TV were screaming and the fans watching at home were both slack jawed and exclaiming out loud as the last lap unfolded. If you'd said Vettel would take away Hamilton's championship in the rain and then Timo Glock would give it back in the last turn of the last lap... well... It was one hell of an ending. Probably be a while before we see one like that again. Imagine how exciting it would have been if there was real passing in F1.
Old 11-03-2008
tto-tgood
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1
Re: Massa wins in Brazil Hamilton wins the Championship

I think Massa handled it extremely well given the circumstances. He must have felt crushed going from one extreme to the other.
Old 11-03-2008
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom goodhart View Post
I think Massa handled it extremely well given the circumstances. He must have felt crushed going from one extreme to the other.
I agree. Sitting at the interview between two former world champions and having done absolutely every single thing he could have done to dominate the final race, especially during the final tense ten minutes when everyone had to make decisions that clearly were going to affect the outcome, Massa was every bit a champion himself. Next year should be pretty neat.
Old 11-03-2008
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8

Massa certainly drive a wonderfully consistent race. And I agree with Ted he handled the bad news like a pro. The excitement actually woke me up from the normal mid F-1 Race slumber...Wow to think that there might actually be some passing in the future... I don't think I can handle all of this excitement!
Old 11-04-2008
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

on the race......

Congrats to Lewie, you could say he won the electorate (most points)
Congrats to Felipe, you could say he won the popular vote (most wins)
Congrats to Ferrari - one more for the Cavallino Rampante
Best moment - it's starting to rain!
Worst moment - DC getting punted in turn 2 lap 1.

“I’m so proud of the race, I’m so proud of the team, I’m so proud of the people around,” Massa said of the tough situation, “We almost did everything perfect, but then we saw Lewis passing Glock at the end. It was a lot of mixed emotions, but the race finishes at the checkered flag.”

Hamilton said, for the first time this season, “I’m speechless, I’m speechless… that was so frickin’ close.”

Hell of a season given the number of times we found ourselves screaming at our TV sets watching races, F1 is doing something right - no champion until the last corner of the last lap of the last race, ya gotta like that
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	lewie2008.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	2958   Click image for larger version

Name:	lewie2008-3.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	2963   Click image for larger version

Name:	lewie2008-2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	2964  

Last edited by cdh; 11-04-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-04-2008
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1

WOW!!!! I concur... Hollywood ending indeed. Hamilton and Massa showed true colors in my opinion! I loved the shot of Hamilton on the cool down lap. You could see the dismay / relief / elation all through the eye port. This season most definately revived my passion for F1. Can't wait to see what next seaon brings. One thing I'm sure of... Vettel will be solidly in the mix; what a shoe! gdr
Old 11-04-2008
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

And to think, Bernie wants to change the points system because he didn't think the race would be exciting enough.

Bookmark This Thread