Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing Equipment, Race Tracks & Travel Discussions
View Poll Results: Should HANS devices be mandatory in Skip Barber events? If yes, how?
Yes, they should be required. Everyone should buy their own. 34 24.46%
Yes, they should be required. Skip Barber should buy a bunch and lend them to new racers just like they do with helmets. 63 45.32%
No, They should NOT be required. They're effective, but it should be the driver's choice. 41 29.50%
No, They should NOT be required. They're not effective. 1 0.72%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2006
MGBCrusty
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Re: An Open Letter to Skip Barber Regarding HANS devices - Please Vote & Give Feedback

Having 'invested' a bit in a couple of off road excursions, including a wall at the Glen in my first (sorta) race, and having witnessed the sobering suspension failure at the bottom of the downhill at Lime Rock this past July, I have invested in a Hans device.

Not withstanding this discussion, I am delighted to loan my Hans to any driver in any session I am not involved in.

Russell Gee
Old 09-18-2006
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8
Thumbs up Re: An Open Letter to Skip Barber Regarding HANS devices - Please Vote & Give Feedback

Great move on both parts Russell. That is getting the Hans, and then offering it to others.
Old 09-21-2006
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Re: An Open Letter to Skip Barber Regarding HANS devices - Please Vote & Give Feedback

The HANS should be mandatory. It is cheap insurance for saving you life.

Zach
Old 10-07-2006
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

I'm not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV, but it seems to me that someday SBRS will be forced to require HANS devices. Why? To reduce liability it is necessary for any organization to take "all reasonable steps." More and more race series are required HANS and if SBRS is sued someday and they haven't required HANS then a court will determine that SBRS did not take all reasonable steps to ensure adequate safety.

So it will happen whether or not it is a good idea. FWIW, I believe it IS a good idea. I don't drive without mine.
Old 10-07-2006
Team Flying Randalls
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

I once again agree 110% - - I gave my $.02 early in this thread but just felt compelled to once again say my piece - - having raced several years in the SCCA sedans without Hans - - and now in SB, I won't get in a race car without my Hans, it's just not worth it to take the chance - - things happen and if the Hans could save my life someday I want to give my self the best chance to race another day.

Tough decision for SB, but other race series are making the choice.

Steve
TFR

Tags
hans , hans device

Bookmark This Thread