Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing Equipment, Race Tracks & Travel Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2005
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1
Question covert lap timing?

How have you managed to capture and record lap times during lapping days when Skippy isn't doing the timing for you? Partner up with another driver in a different group or are you guys strapping stopwatches into the car and doing it yourself?

I have a digital stopwatch (not a wristwatch) that will record and recall up to 9 lap times and splits. Seems like I could just hit the button at the start finish each lap and have a rough record of improvement during the two lapping day sessions. Where do I secure the watch? Velcro sticky near the steering wheel?

Is this a dumb idea? Seems to me that without lap times as feedback, there is little to go on other than performance relative to run group traffic as to whether or not you are fast. How do you guys know how and where to improve lap times?

Bookmark This Thread