Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2009
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69
Thumbs up 2009 Summer Season is in the Books

I posted this initially in the "Who's Coming to Finale" thread but then felt like it deserved its own thread since it is about much more than just who was there. Given how much happened both on and off the track this year, it would be great if the respective overall and Masters Champions of all the classes (F2000 Regional, MX5, and F2000 National), instructors, as well as any driver who experienced something special, would share their thoughts with the rest of us. Here are mine:

Thank you my friends for an incredible summer season!!! There were a bunch of new faces, new guys streaking to the front, new friends made, old friends coming out of the woodwork, another chance to challenge oneself at the world's best race tracks, 3 very exciting series being fought till the bitter end. Thank you to all the people who have helped me become a better driver-- this year the pivotal guidance came from MHP, who has helped me to understand what the car has been trying to tell me all these years. I'm finally learning how to listen, and I reached places this season I never thought I would see in my driving, places that transcend any level of performance I could imagine. Yeah, I made a bunch of mistakes (some big ones this weekend alone--ugh!) but given my path into this sport, I have exceeded all my own expectations already. My personal award for the most valuable feedback this season goes to Stevie D, who automatically would tell me what the quick guys were doing compared to me, and that really helped me to hone in on the aspects of the corner on which I needed to focus the most. To the other friends and instructors too numerous to mention individually who have continued to help and support me on this journey despite what seem from the outside to be mysterious and quixotic performances (you all know who you are), I say a very grateful thank you.

The arrival of Michael Culver has breathed new life into Skip Barber-- finally we have a guy at the helm who gets it. The company faces significant challenges with regard to the hole previous management has driven it into and with the general economic environment. But tough times are also times of opportunity, and with vision and execution I believe the company and series can be better than ever.

The Finale weekend and the Series Banquet demonstrated clearly the new energy that Michael has infused. What a great time, a huge crowd, probably the best season video ever (cdh hit it out of the park-- that thing was worthy of Sundance or Cannes), a brilliantly hilarious musical number courtesy of DD, great food, and a great auction thanks to generous contributions from people like Franz Fleischli (or "Crazy Legs Franz" as I will now call him-- you'll have to ask Franz about that). All we lacked was a driver's pickup band playing covers of "Highway Star," "Helter Skelter," and "Antenna Head."

I cannot wait for next year! In fact, I cannot wait so badly, that I won't. Road Atlanta, here I come!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalytrio
Does that mean youll donate three times as much as you normally would?

ps: Julia, thanks for the challenge, AND the 3 cookies. I do believe I met your quota. As did the whole family of drivers. I don't know the numbers, but I believe Mr. Canadian Subject-o'-the-Queen can confirm that this was close to a record season for the Mechanics Fund. Despite the tough time for financial assets. Which shows the generous heart of this family, and how we look out for each other. Thank you EVERYONE for taking care of the guys who labor late into the night busting their asses to take care of us. Now next year we need do our part and stay on the track and out of each other! I am including myself in that instruction, just so you know. So don't give me any s--t about it.

Last edited by Slowhands; 10-14-2009 at 09:11 PM.

Tags
2009 finale , banquet , lime rock , videos

Bookmark This Thread